we are hiring! email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and interest letter.
design and production associate
We are looking for a creative, organized, problem-solving designer and production coordinator to help create our seasonal children's and women's collections and see them through from conceptualization to delivery. ideal candidate has creative vision and exciting new product ideas and is also comfortable working with patternmakers, technical designers, and manufacturers.
- work with creative director to design seasonal and capsule collections, as well as keep ongoing evergreen collections fresh and relevant.
- sketching proposals for new designs and have basic graphic design skills to put together presentations and textile prints.
- work closely with brand manager and buyer to identify key styles to carry through seasons
- work with fabric mills through new textile development and sourcing
- along with creative director, work with manufacturers to ensure production is timely, meets standards of quality and design
- anticipate and propose trends in silhouettes, fabrics and styles
- manage development and execution of trim packages
- coordinate with samplemakers and patternmakers to ensure vision and style are true to original vision and executed in a timely manner.
- maintain organization of style info through design process through manufacturing
- train and manage seasonal design and production interns
- perform related administrative tasks if needed
we value a diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, people of color, lgbt individuals, people with disabilities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.